| Education & Work Experience
| ||Have passport and original degree. Have PDF scan and copy of transcripts and could obtain sealed copy. Started process of obtaining criminal background, and could have all documents prepared before start date. |
* Education & Work Experience *
Master of Arts - Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) - International Economics and Law (GPA 3.85)
Bachelor of Arts - James Madison University - International Affairs (GPA: 3.85)
NOVEMBER 2013 – JUNE 2015
LEAD SAT INSTURCTOR, DIPONT EDUCATION CONSULTING (BEIJING, CHINA)
• Advocated for SAT program interests and needs in the Beijing after-school center (Enreach).
• Taught the advanced SAT class and one-on-one VIP lessons, analyzed practice test scores using in-house grading system (PACE), edited essays, and provided detailed feedback after identifying key areas of weakness, resulting in 200-600-point overall score increases.
• Gave lectures in schools about the SAT to introduce the test to new students and market our program. Brought in new students through one-on-one consultations.
• Designed new materials to bridge the gap in understanding for Chinese native speakers. Created new lessons based on the LSAT for upper advanced students.
MARCH 2013 – OCTOBER 2013
ONLINE MARKETING & PROGRAM COORDINATOR, STARTUP CHINA (BEIJING, CHINA)
• As member of a 5-person team for a new initiative within a Chinese language learning company (That’s Mandarin) to match international students with internships in China, brought in first intern group through online marketing.
• After intern arrival, checked in on interns, communicated with host companies, and facilitated cultural and social events.
• Researched and wrote on Chinese business and political trends for blog, “Intern Insights.”
• Held daily business/corporate English class for Chinese coworkers, skills ranging beginner-advanced
MAY 2012 – FEBRUARY 2013
ENGLISH MONTESSORI TEACHER, KE-ER KINDERGARTEN (BEIJING, CHINA)
• Taught English to 3-6-year-olds with abilities ranging from absolute beginner to native.